Monday, April 21, 2008

Thing #12 Netlibrary and Worldcat

Netlibrary and Worldcat are two excellent sources to use. Netlibrary is another OCL collection to look into if one is comfortable reading a book on a computer screen. I've used it when looking for non-fiction sources for my classes. It carries some computer titles that are noteworthy.

Worldcat of course I used when filling ILL forms for patrons at reference. It is clear and easy to navigate. You can get specifics about a book OCL does not own, but that for instance, a college library or other library system in NJ owns. I highly recommend both.

1 comment:

OCL Web Things said...

I just wanted to let you know that you are missing thing #9. you still have plenty of time to do it so don't worry!

I'm with you on NetLibrary- I also used it for some of the nonfiction items I needed for school. Not a fan of reading things online but what can you do.its still a good resource.
Lara